With increasing public concern over the potential for a public health emergency in the UK, we’ve seen a number of companies close it’s doors and send all staff home to ‘self-isolate’ over the past week, because a member of staff has reported feeling unwell. However, the companies who are doing this have the capacity to let staff work from home to keep their businesses operating.
Digital solutions and remote working have been implemented for a long time in sectors like media and financial services, but what about the sectors where you need boots on the ground?
Highways and construction companies don’t have the luxury of working from home, but there are solutions that can provide some business continuity by minimising the need for unnecessary person to person contact and enable some workers to continue operating.
Watch an overview of how Re-flow's digital workforce management solution can provide and protect a company's entire workflow processes end-to-end.
Implementing a digital workflow solution means a highways or construction company can still:
- Create jobs and include copies of all project information, task lists and plant/equipment required. This is sent digitally, so no requirement for physical documents to be printed and distributed. How does this work?
- Assign these jobs to staff, schedule them on a calendar and even add map locations. If someone calls in sick, you can drag and drop their jobs to someone else instantly. Find out more.
- Any kind of form you need can be included, so risk assessments, time sheets, site inductions, visitor records, permits, toolbox talk logs, waste management forms, stock records, SHEQ forms, HAV forms or even chemical use logs can be completed by an operative and submitted back to the office, through a device from site without anyone having to swing by the office. More about forms
- To avoid any confusion, photos can be taken, annotated and submitted, so nothing gets lost in translation. Perfect if people can’t be at the same place at the same time. How does this work?
- Be sure the right person completed the work at the right place and time by using digital time, date and GPS stamps to tag all the information, completed with a digital signature to sign off the work. How does this work?
- With everything then submitted, quotes and invoices can be issued by the system, along with management reports and anything required for a full audit trail is instantly available in the project. See how returns and reports work