At Re-flow, Cyber-Security is of the utmost importance to us. Our commitment to security and data privacy has always been a central pillar of the service we provide our customers, so during this downtime, we’ve taken some time to get some accreditation to verify what we already have in place. That’s why we are delighted to announce that we have gained certification in the UK Government’s Cyber Essentials programme.
Cyber Essentials is a government-backed, industry supported certification that demonstrates a companies capabilities and guidelines when it comes to online threats. The scheme was developed by the Information Assurance for Small and Medium Enterprises (IASME) consortium and the Information Security Forum (ISF) and launched in 2014.
We are proud of our new certification and are pleased that our customers have another reason to trust our absolute commitment to cyber-security. We continually improve our systems and services and Cyber Essentials is an independent assurance that we are prepared for the ever-changing security landscape.
The five areas that Cyber-Essentials is focused on:
- Correct and appropriate management of firewalls and internet gateways to provide safe internet access
- The secure configuration of devices/software used within the organisation
- Robust access control to data and services
- Advanced and well-structured processes for malware and virus protection
- Well-structured patch management to ensure ongoing commitment to security
We have also used this downtime to review our environmental policy and provide more details to customers for their Green Supply Chain Management (GSCM) due diligence.
Our Environmental Policy
Re-flow is committed to limiting the effects of climate change. As such, our staff are requested to reduce any negative impact on the environment they may make as a result of Re-flow’s activities. Staff should also encourage the people we support, stakeholders and suppliers to consider the environment in their work, activities, and choices. All effort should be made whenever possible to reduce, re-use, recycle, switch off and limit our driving during Re-flow’s business in-line with this policy and the following procedures, which include useful guidance on ways to reduce our personal impact on the environment.
Guidance for office staff:
- If you have to print a document or email, just print the text you need
- Put on more clothes rather than turning up the heating
- Turn off your monitor when you go for lunch, a meeting or even a tea break
- Turn off your PC if you're not going to be using it for a few hours
- Make the most of natural lighting - open the blinds
- Use hand-dryers rather than paper towels
- Use a laptop and projector to run meetings electronically
- Stop junk mail by marking it RETURN TO SENDER and re-posting it
- Ensure you use the appropriate recycling bins for food waste and packaging
- Place a jug under any running kitchen taps to capture clean wastewater for the office plants
- Promote Re-flow as the environmentally sustainable alternative to traditional paper and travel based information and communication exchange methods.
Read our full Green Supply Chain Environmental Policy
In addition to the accreditation that Re-flow has achieved for our network security, and environmental practices, our hosting service also comes with a 100% network uptime guarantee and the following certifications in the ISO certified, data centre complex in the UK:
- ISO 27001:2013
- ISO 27018:2014 Code of Practice for protection of PII in public clouds
- ISO 22301: Business Continuity Management
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001: Environmental Management System
- PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider
- Cyber Essentials +
- BSI PAS 2060: Carbon Neutral
- CISCO CMSP
- G-Cloud 10
- PAS 2060 carbon neutral hosting
- Redundant firewalls
- Quarterly vulnerability scans
- Disaster Recovery
- Advanced Proactive Uptime Monitoring
- Server maintenance and OS Patch Updates
- 100% network uptime guarantee.